Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Things That Irk Me

Okay so I know people usually post blogs about things that make them upset or angry but I generally try not to get upset or angry however there are rare instances that I am irked (I am well aware that they basically mean the same thing but I like the way it sounds better)

This past week at work the openers have been complaining about the closers (me) in how we do our job When I close there is a very specific order and time I try and do things so I can clock off on time and get the hell out of there.

1:00 am Shut down one espresso machine, the decaf urn, take whole fruit down, check the stock in the display fridge. (approx 10-15 min)

1:15 Take the pastry signs down, start taking the pastries off of their plates and onto cookie sheets for  transport back to the bakery (if I'm at Gourmet Grind I will also take down the gelato) Use glass cleaner to clean every shelf, the glass doors and the front display window. (15-20 min)

1:30 (ish) Shut down the last espresso machine, the regular coffee urn, wipe down the surfaces, check the display fridge stock, takethe sugar and cream from the island back, clean the coffee and half-and-half jugs, refill straws, cups, and lids, take sandwiches and fruit cups/parfaits out and load onto one of the carts, load trays of pastries onto carts, load plates onto one of the carts (food and plates go on the same cart, pastries go in a tall cart) take basket of chips behind counter, take bank out and have supervisor/manager take care of tip-outs and any voids, lock up. (30 ish minutes depending on if I have any last minute customers and on who is the supervisor)

2:00 Take bank to the vault and turn it in. Take carts down. Wash ALL dishes, take gelato to freezer, take pastires and pastry dishes to the bakery. Leave.

Bear in mind I ALWAYS have last minute guests and I'm not allowed to leave if I run out of stock and there are only two of us (one at Java Coast one at Gourmet Grind) so when I am UNABLE to stock the fridge with drinks because the openers didn't put in the right order and the mids didn't run and grab extras I get bitched at by the openers because they take longer to open and consequently open late. I cannot do my job right if the people before me don't do their job right.

Am I crazy or do you think I am justified in being frustrated and annoyed?

I'll put up a post later about my pet peeves... That should be fun. People tend to think I'm funny when I rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment